Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tobogganing Date

Shawn and I go on a date each Sunday. Today we decided to go on a toboganning date. Before moving to Calgary I had never heard of a tobogan, so for all my friends down south, a tobogan is a "sled-like" plastic thing you sit on and slide down snowy hills. You can lay on it like you would a boogie-board and go down the hill that way as well. Enjoy the video and pictures of my first toboganning experience. It was lots of fun, but the climb back up the hill was grueling - I kept sinking into snow up to my knees. Needless to say one climb back up the hill was enough for me. Exhaustion and freezing fingers and face can end the fun really quick (it was - 18 degrees Celcius today). It was nice to end the date with a little Starbucks and reading of The Truth of the Cross by R.C Sproul. Great book.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tania, I love love love your new background on this blog! Did you design it?
love,
Meg

Tania Evans said...

thanks Meg - no I didn't design it. I got it from this free blog template site. I'll get the website address for you.